Welcome to the nrEngine webpage
nrEngine is a small but powerfull game-application-engine. The engine does provide the developers with a low level functionality like resource managment, scripting, event system etc. A plugin framework allows to improve the functionality of the engine on the fly. The engine is written in Standard C++ and runs on all common platforms.
The engine has been designed with the goal of providing the developers a simple but powerfull API. It is not designed to be a replacement but an enrichment in the development process of a game or any other application.
- Kernel/Task? subsystem, see: KernelTask
- Resource managment, see: ResourceManagement?
- Clock/Timer? support
- Scripting system (incl. Plugin to handle Lua scripts), see: ScriptSystem, LuaPlugin
- Event managment system, see: EventManagement
- Property managment system handling non-typed values
- Packages provide new features during compile-time (i.e. nrEngineGLFW, ...), see: EnginePackages?
- Plugins extending features at run-time (i.e. lua scripting, ...), see: EnginePlugins
Stable and developer releases can be downloaded from the downloads page.
To get the latest revision of the engine source use following command:
svn co svn://projects.tevs.eu/nrEngine/trunk nrEngine
Please check also if following 3rd party libraries are also installed in your environment:
- c++ boost library, can be found on www.boost.org